The Bangladesh spin star talks cricket and reminisces of his exploits with Scintilla CC last summer.
1. Your favourite all time & current cricketer?
Easy! Daniel Vettori and AB de Villiers.
2. Your favourite all time & current Bangladeshi player?
Shakib Al Hasan.
3. Your thoughts on winning the ECCL Premier Division with Scintilla CC?
The ability of the players is extremely good. There are good and committed people managing the team. The squad are like a family and the unity was a major factor last season.
4. Can Scintilla CC retain the Premier Division?
They can absolutely retain the title. It will be harder and each member has to play their role to their maximum ability and be dedicated all the way.
5. How much training should a cricketer commit to?
Without regular and dedicated training a cricketer can never achieve even a quarter of their potential. Also, specific training on improving aspects of play is vital.
6. How important is diet?
It’s important in every sport. A poor diet will affect an athletes sharpness, fitness levels, judgement and they will find themselves injury prone. This will affect personal and team results and outcomes.
7. Are the Bangladeshi national team an international force?
Like millions of my fellow Bangladeshis I am proud of how well they are doing. They had a really good World Cup. They have convincingly beaten Pakistan 3-0 in the One Dayers. We are still a relatively new cricket team but I believe in the next 5 years Bangladesh will be a top 5 cricket team.
8. Your thoughts on Bangladesh’s displays against Pakistan?
Coming off the World Cup performances Bangladesh have proved that their achievements are no fluke and people now believe in the team. They are going to get better. At home we are capable of beating any team.
9. Is the appointment of Andrew Strauss as national director of cricket a good move by the ECB?
It is a good move by the ECB to appoint Andrew Strauss as Director. As a fan I would love it if he can patch relationships with Kevin Pietersen and bring him back into the fold again.
10. Your tips for spin bowlers?
Practice! Practise! Practise! Spinners are attackers. Aim for maximum revolutions. Keep the length short and make the batsman play forward.
Watch Enamul Haque Jr reach a half century for Scintilla CC…