The latest Scintilla Centurion owes it all to his parents…
1. Your best moment in cricket?
Getting the Man of the match award in the final of a 2007 cricket tournament at the Beanibazar PHG High School Field in Sylhet, Bangladesh.
2. How did you feel after your match winning century against Ford CC?
I do not want to point out my individual performance on that particular day as it was a total team effort. Personally, I was happy that I contributed to a great team win.
3. What do you like most about London?
People of all ages enjoying cricket. I like the standard of living. London is a very welcoming city.
4. What’s your favourite item of clothing?
Jeans and Polo shirts.
5. What is your nickname?
Shawn but school friends call me Boida/Dim (egg). It’s a long story.
6. At what age did you start playing cricket?
That’s a difficult one. I honestly can’t remember exactly but my dad made a cricket bat for me when I was in class/standard 2.
7. What is your favourite movie?
The pursuit of happyness.
8. Who is your cricketing hero?
Brian Charles Lara – Always delivered his best.
9. What is your greatest strength?
My parents: I am still learning from them and any good quality I have is due to them.
10. What inspires you?
My wife and daughter.